If team meetings and/or competitions are not possible in individual regions due to local pandemic restrictions, there will be great virtual solutions.
Of course we would love to see you all live and in color at regional tournaments again as soon as possible! Unfortunately, we also have to plan for the case that team meetings are not possible and/or no local competition can take place due to pandemic-related contact restrictions in some regions. And it is exactly these plans that we, HANDS on TECHNOLOGY e.V., together with our regional partners, are currently working hard on.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest information.
Update: June 28, 2020
What we are currently planning:
- Competitions will be held either on site, virtually or in a hybrid form.
- Virtual or hybrid tournaments will be designed to be as comparable as possible to on site contests.
- Virtual or hybrid contests will not take place until January 2021.
- The results of the teams are equivalent in all three forms, e.g. also with regard to further qualification.
- Our regional organizers will decide, in consultation with us, in which form their competitions will take place in each case.
- From now on, the organizers can decide for one of the three possibilities, i.e. they can decide already now that their competition will take place e.g. virtually.
- At the latest four weeks before the planned date, the form of the competition will be decided.
- You can find information about the status of your respective regional competition in the overview of the locations.
- If the form of the competition changes after you have already registered for it, we will of course inform you about it. You can then decide whether you want to participate virtually in your region or change the region.
- In order to give more room for as many local competitions as possible, the period during which regional competitions can take place will be extended until March, 31, 2021.
- Therefore the registration deadline is extended to November 29, 2020.
- Our further competitions (qualifications tournaments (formerly Semi Finals) and Finals) will be postponed accordingly.
- We are keeping an eye on the international competitions during the postponement, but currently it is not foreseeable if and when these will take place.
- There will be no changes regarding the challenge set. The shipping will start on time at the end of July, so that all teams that have registered and paid, will receive their sets in time for the mission publication on August 4, 2020.
Many details are still open, e.g. the question over which platform we will offer the hybrid or virtual solutions. Access must be uncomplicated from a technical side, but absolutely secure in terms of data and youth protection. As soon as we know more about the technical requirements for you, we will publish this here.
If you have any thoughts, ideas or questions about the virtual options in advance, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.