What can FLL Teams expect in this season
Designing the buildings of the future
Attention, builders of tomorrow! Let’s design and build better places to live and work for everyone. Combine your problem-solving skills and creativity in the 2019/2020 CITY SHAPERSM season, where you and your friends will shape a better future – together.
- Identify Missions to solve.
- Design, build and program a LEGO Robot to complete the Missions.
- Test and refi ne your program and design.
Your Robot will have to navigate, capture, transport, activate, or deliver objects. You and your Robot will only have 2½ minutes to complete as any Missions as possible. So, be creative!
- Identify a problem with a building or public space in your community.
- Design a solution.
- Share your solution with others and then refine it.
At official events, your team will present your Project, including the problem, your solution, and how you shared it, in a 5-minute presentation.
Find more details in the Engineering Notebook, the Team Meeting Guides and on Research Project...
- Show the jury how you built and programmed your robot.
- Explain how you found the solutions for design and robot building.
- Answer the jury’s questions about your robot.
In robot design, you explain your robot to the jury and how you constructed and programmed it. For 5 minutes you will have an expert talk with the jury about your robot.
Challenge Video CITY SHAPERSM
|January 1st, 2019||Deadline for age limit:|
|April 8th, 2019||Start of Registration for FIRST® LEGO® League 2018/19|
|from mid July, 2019||Shipping of Challenge Sets|
|August 1st, 2019 - 6 p.m.||Missions are published – official kickoff|
|October 13th, 2019||Closing of registration|
|November 16th, 2019 –January 12th, 2020||Regional Tournaments|
|January 18th–February 9th, 2020||Semi Finals|
|March 6th-7th, 2020||Final Central Europe|