In cooperation with committed companies, we would like to enable even more children and young people to participate in FIRST LEGO League. In the 2020/21 season, there are numerous support offers - for teams taking part for the first time, but also for teams that have already gained their first FIRST LEGO League experience.
Many thanks to the supporting companies:
John Deere, LEGO Education, Sage and Walt Disney
Funding scope and application
Interested coaches and teams can select a funding from the various offers and apply for it. To do so, simply fill out the application form and send it to Andrea by e-mail.
We have briefly summarised the details of the individual fundings and who is eligible for them here:
This funding offer is aimed at existing Explore Teams that are socially or financially disadvantaged. The funding offer is available twice and includes
- Participation fee and material in the amount of 137,00 Euro plus packaging and shipping
- 1 training (on-site or virtual)
This funding offer is aimed at new and existing Explore Teams that would not be able to participate without this funding. It has been assigned to 10 teams and includes:
- funding over 2 years:
- 1st year: 1 robot set (LEGO Education WeDo 2.0) and material to the amount of 238,00 €.
- 2nd year: Material in the amount of 58.00 Euro.
- the participation fee of 79,00 € as well as the packing and shipping costs must be paid by the team
- Sharing of short reports, pictures or videos of shared learning experiences and moments during the 2 years is desired
This funding offer is aimed at new Explore Teams that are socially or financially disadvantaged. It has been assigned to 3 teams and includes:
- Participation fee and material in the amount of 137,00 Euro
- 2-3 workshops (on-site or virtual)
- 1 robot set (LEGO Education WeDo 2.0) on permanent loan as long as the team participates in FIRST LEGO League Explore (possible over several seasons)
This funding is aimed at an entire school class that would like to participate in the "Explore in the classroom" package. The support has been assigned to 2 classes and includes:
- Participation and materials for up to 30 children (in 5 teams) in the amount of 1.374,00 Euro
- 5 robot sets (LEGO Education WeDo 2.0) on permanent loan as long as the class participates in FIRST LEGO League Explore (possible over several seasons)
Bring a junior friend -
FIRST LEGO League Explore Teams attract newcomers
HANDS on TECHNOLOGY e.V. supports partnerships between already active and rookie teams: If an existing FIRST LEGO League Explore Team attracts an absolute newcomer team, both teams will receive a credit as a little thank you.
Both the new team (from a school/institution, which has not participated in FIRST LEGO League Explore so far), as well as the already involved team recruiting the rookie, will receive a credit of 50% of their participation fee.
This offer is valid for 5 team pairs that register and choose the option “Bring a junior friend” in the FIRST LEGO League Explore Registration form for teams. We then will check the teams' eligibility. The “Bring a junior friend” promotion will start with the opening of registration on April 20th, 2020.
WeDo sets for lending
For new teams, HANDS on TECHNOLOGY e.V. offers LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 sets to lend for their first season. This offer is only valid while stocks last. If you're interested please contact us.