If team meetings and/or competitions are not possible in individual regions due to local pandemic restrictions, there will be great remote solutions.
Of course we would love to see you all live and in color at regional tournaments again as soon as possible! Unfortunately, we also have to plan for the case that team meetings are not possible and/or no local competition can take place due to pandemic-related contact restrictions in some regions. And it is exactly these plans that we, HANDS on TECHNOLOGY e.V., together with our regional partners, FIRST and LEGO Education are currently working hard on.
On this page we will keep you up to date with all the latest information.
Update: October 15, 2020
The platform on which the remote and hybrid turnaments run is currently being developed by LEGO Education in close cooperation with us and other partners around the world.
The focus is on usability and data protection.
Tournaments will be held either on site, remotely or in a hybrid form.
- Remote or hybrid tournaments will be designed to be as comparable as possible to on site contests.
- Remote or hybrid tournaments will not take place until January 2021.
- The results of the teams are equivalent in all three forms, e.g. also with regard to further qualification.
- You can find information on the status of your respective regional tournament in the overview of the locations.
- If the form of the competition changes after you have already registered, we will of course inform you of this.
- You can then decide whether you want to participate remotely in your region or change region.
- The closing date for registration is extended to Nevember 29, 2020.
- Further tournaments (qualifications (former semi finals) and finals) will be postponed accordingly.
- At present, it is not possible to foresee whether and when international tournaments will take place.
- There is a new transregional remote tournament. Teams can register here if they are only allowed to participate remotely and their region is holding an on-site or hybrid tournament.
- This transregional remote tournament will take place in March 2021. The exact date will be published soon.
- Please note that it is likely that there might be changes in the form of the tournaments in your region during this season. If there is a remote event due to this that you would like to participate in, we are happy to register you there instead!
- The platform will comply with the requirements of the European Data Protection Regulation.
- Direct access will only be granted to persons over 18 years of age. Coaches, referees, jurors and regional partners can register. Team members have no access.
- It is the personal responsibility of the coaches to obtain the consent of the parents of minors before uploading videos to the platform or forwarding links to video conferences to the children. We provide the coaches with a form for this purpose in their coaches account at the end of November.
- On the platform, only the coach and the team name is given, no personal data or photos of the team members.
- All data, videos, links will be deleted after the season.
- The specific tool with which the video conferences will be organized is not yet determined.
If you have any questions about the remote options in advance, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.