Which materials are necessary for the participation?
The classroom package includes all the materials required for up to 30 children. It is recommended that students work in a team consisting of a maximum of 6 people, which means that up to 5 teams can work on the project at the same time. Each team will need space to design, build and program the robots, as well as space for brainstorming, research and teamwork. Access to electricity and the internet are important and should be available for every team.
You get the following materials with the FIRST LEGO League Challenge In the classroom:
- 2 FIRST LEGO League Challenge sets (mat and task models)
- 1 educational In the classroom guide (for the teacher)
- 2 guides for team meetings (for the teacher, it contains a 12 lesson plan)
- 10 engineering notebooks (at least 2 per team)
- 5 robot game tasks and rules (at least 1 per team)
- 30 medals (1 per student)
- 5 certificted (1 per team)
- 1 LEGO award to build yourself
Please keep in mind that you will need 3-5 LEGO robotic sets (Mindstorms or SPIKE) to carry out the classroom project.
SPECIAL OFFER: Schools with a need for robot set will receive two LEGO SPIKE Prime basic and expansion sets as a free permanent loan. This offer is only valid for institutions, that have not participated in FIRST LEGO League before.
Furthermore, each team needs a tablet or a computer.
How much time is needed?
As a teacher you can integrate the topic very well into the teaching and you are not tied to any time schedule. In the pedagogical guide there are templates for the design of the teaching units and their distribution. It can take up to half a school year from the first lesson to the final competition, depending on the design and planning.
We recommend an internal school competition at the end of the project, where students have the opportunity to present their results and celebrate each other. You will receive awards (in the form of medals and a trophy) for participating.
What are the costs?
The package FIRST LEGO League Challenge In the classroom has a price of 670.00 € (incl. VAT and excl. shipping*) and is sufficient for 30 children or 5 teams.
* Shipping in D: € 36.00, AT: € 69.00, CH: € 111.00
What kind of funding is there?
In cooperation with committed partners, we would like to make it possible for even more children and young people to take part in FIRST LEGO League Challenge In the classroom.
Many thanks to the supporting partners!
Funding scope and application
Um euch zu bewerben, schaut euch bitte zuerst auf dieser Website genau an, wie die verschiedenen Bedingungen und Umfänge der Förderungen aussehen. Wenn ihr noch Fragen To apply, please first take a close look at this website to see exactly what the various conditions and scopes of funding look like. If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com.
Fill out the application form and send it to us via e-mail. We will confirm the receipt of your application and contact you if you were selected for a scholarship.
Please note that we need a donation receipt from you within four weeks of receiving the funding, otherwise you will be invoiced for the material and participation.
We have summarised the details of the individual subsidies and who is eligible for them for you here:
Amazon Future Engineers offers the following funding:
- Country: D
- The schools/institutions have to be from the Brandenburg/Berlin area.
- There must be a special need for support.
- One FIRST LEGO League Challenge In the classroom set for up to 30 students.
- 3 robotic sets (3x SPIKE Prime Core and 3x SPIKE Prime Expansion) as a loan. If you participate three years in a row, the school can keep the robotoc sets.
- If desired: Participation for one team (up to 10 students) at the regional tournament in Berlin for Amazon teams.